Saturday, 24 September 2011

Sing it Out - Jessie's Girl

Alright here goes nothing...

So I was asked, what's the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear "Glee", and I said singing... This was a bit too general so when asked what song I thought of first when thinking of Glee I came up with this...
Now, I'm not personally a fan of the original version, but I have to say that I love Cory's cover. Maybe you won't agree, and that's your right, but I like his tone of voice better than Rick Springfield's.

And yes, before you ask, Josh is more or less writing this for me lol He suggested that I try writing a blog, we decided on Glee as the topic and here stands The Stage. Actually, before I get into the real substance of the blog... I should probably introduce myself lol.

My name is Hayley, I'm 18 and I'm a PROUD GLEEK!!!! There isn't really much more than that, that you need to know :P I figured I'd let you all know I'm not some sort of serial killer, plotting to end the world.. or am I? Nah I'm nowhere near smart enough, lol.

Jessie's Girl has to be one of my favourite Glee songs of all time, the irony in it was just so sweet. Although some pitches were off, and the key was...well interesting, it still made for an entertaining 3 minutes. The only songs I think that could possibly top it are... 'Sing', 'Loser Like Me', 'Raise Your Glass' and 'Pretending'...but those will be for some later posts.

Well that's all for now, thanks to whoever actually reads this post.. it means a lot to me and because of that, you all make the callbacks. :)

Hayley

1 comment:

  1. Hey its Josh correcting on behalf of Hayley, the video was the only one available through blogger and it isn't the original Cory track... Personally no love for Cory but I was asked to correct it as I had the window open lol

    ReplyDelete